Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Scenes from Life

On Sunday, we went to the Alexandria Art Fair, but I didn't get many photos because it was super crowded. To be honest, most of the stuff wasn't really our taste anyway, but we did like these large animal sculptures. The bull's head moved up and down.

After that we walked down to the water for a bit, then wandered into a couple stores. I took a few pics to share of this vintage shop, Maggie Jane's, which I don't think we'd ever been to before.

The style was mostly sort of French antique, but they also had lots of handmade soaps and other small gift-type items.

I don't know if a lot of this stuff would really fit in with the decor in our house, but I still really like to visit shops like this and admire pretty gold things, old mirrors, glass knobs, and the like.

After that, we walked around for a little while, mostly contemplating all the things we wanted to eat, before going home to make dinner. And that was Sunday. :)

1 comment:

  1. A lot of the fancy antiques wouldn't go in our house, either, but I still like looking at them. We have a great antique store here that fits the bill. That giant gold wall mirror is the perfect example of something I'd drool over at the store, but once I think about where it would actually GO in our house, I have to leave it there.

    ReplyDelete