Thursday, October 16, 2014

Forgotten Film

I got back my first roll of film from an old yashica I bought at Good Will a year or two ago. It took me a loooong time to finish that roll. I sort of forgot it was in there, and I hadn't picked up that camera in months. But I finally did finish it on our trip to Dinosaur Land, and I got my prints back last week. I had zero expectations because I wasn't even sure if the camera worked, so I'm pretty happy that a few came out ok. Anyway, here are really random shots from the last year or so; I don't even remember where I was when some of these were taken!


I definitely want to get some more film and try again. I wish photography wasn't such an expensive hobby, though. If anyone has a good source for film or processing, I'd love recommendations. xo, Mary

3 comments:

  1. I can't remember the last time I used a camera with film. Maybe high school? Early college? I'm intrigued by the idea of getting a camera at GoodWill and taking random pictures as you think of it. Like you said, eventually you don't even remember where you were when you used the camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had been a long time for me too, like probably since 2005 or so. I definitely need to practice some more because this camera is all manual, and I'm a bit rusty. Some of my photos came back underexposed or slightly out of focus. :P

      Delete
  2. Awww...the joys of a new set of prints! It was always fun to see what was on there and which ones turned out. While I like digital much better, I still remember how fun it was to develop film :)

    ReplyDelete