Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Let's Take a Walk

On Sunday, we ended up in Georgetown after running some errands and decided to walk around and see if we could spy some changing leaves. Fall color seems to have come on slowly in our area, and even though there's still a lot of green left, it's starting to look really pretty! I can't wait until all the trees are dazzling reds, oranges, and yellows; it's my absolute favorite time of year to take a walk.

The Edes House in Georgetown, Washington, DC
Of course, there were lots of cute pumpkins and Halloween decorations to see too.

Halloween decorations in Georgetown, Washington, DC

I think next weekend we're going to drive out somewhere in the country or the mountains to see more autumn color. It's such a tricky thing to plan because you never know when peak color will hit. But I got some more film for my yashica, and I'm super excited to try to get some good nature photos. I definitely need more practice with that camera, and that's as good excuse as any to get out of the city for a little while.

Have the leaves changed in your neighborhood?

3 comments:

  1. Love your last photo!
    There is so much bright yellow and firey orange in my area this year, I'm loving it! I got to run some errands yesterday and enjoy all the color. Unfortunately I was mostly driving, so didn't get a chance to take any pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I appreciate how much that one house committed to decorating.

    The leaves here are changing, but I haven't been able to get to the arboretum to take any nice pictures. Maybe today? I also saw some great trees on the drive to my parents' house this weekend, but car pictures are tricky. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fall colours are stunning, and thanks for sharing. Lately we have been having lots of rain, so when I get to go ouside, it's a bit hard to enjoy all the pretty things that this season has to offer!

    ReplyDelete