Friday, November 20, 2015

What's Happenin', Hot Stuff?


This is just a small, prettily arranged pile of what is actually taking over my life right now. I'm basically just floating in a sea of crafty flotsam and jetsam. Really though, I've stabbed myself more times than I can count, and I'm pretty sure I have a permanent hunch in my back from leaning over my desk. BUT! New things are coming soon. :)

What are you guys up to this weekend? I've been busy working on a few side projects lately, one of which was to shoot family portraits for some folks, and I'm trying to finish up editing today. I have much respect for people who do this all the time because going through and editing hundreds or thousands of photos takes sooooo much time, at least if you're going to do it right. That's one of the many reasons why photography is better as a side gig for me.

Actually, now that I think about it, every project I take on is very time consuming, like see-you-in-a-few-months kind of time consuming. One of these days, I'll figure out how to be one of those people who does things quick and easy. Are you one of those people? Share your secrets, please. :)

We are also going to Glenstone tomorrow, which I'm really excited about. It's actually not great timing with everything else we have going on this weekend, but I made the reservation months ago, and I'm not giving up our spots! Glenstone is a modern art museum in Potomac, Md. that's only open Wed. to Sat., and they only allow a certain number of people in at a time. Reservations are required, and you can probably imagine that weekends fill up fast, which is the reason we've never been before. Photography isn't allowed inside, but I'll probably post about it anyway if the show is good.

What are you guys up to this weekend? Oh also, if anyone has any good suggestions for shows to stream while I'm sewing I'd greatly appreciate it! I've been re-watching old shows like Buffy for the millionth, possibly billionth, time. And I'm not saying there can ever be too much Buffy, but you know, I'd love to get into a new show also. I feel like it helps me get into a rhythm when I'm working, and I can challenge myself to try and finish one ornament in the time it takes to watch one episode. For the record, that has never happened, everything I make takes too long, but it's something to shoot for.

Hope everyone has a cozy and crafty weekend! xo, Mary

2 comments:

  1. Just searched on Google for Glenstone. The building looks very impressive, I am curious of what you'll find inside. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you said Buffy!! Because I've been re-watching Buffy again for the millionth time. There aren't too many shows to watch but have you've watched Grimm?? One of the directors/producers for Buffy made it. Also, I've been watching Veronica Jones on Netflix. Its not terrible.

    Can't wait to see your new projects!

    ReplyDelete