Thursday, December 3, 2015

SOOC #3


It's been busy around here for the past few weeks as I've turned into a one-woman felt ornament factory, but I wanted to take a quick break from making things to post a few SOOC shots.

I took these photos last year with my Yashica, and I love the sort of quiet, small town vibe they portray, which is not really accurate. I seem to be able to get shots with no people in them on busy streets quite often; I wonder if it's my introvert nature and desire to live in a less crowded place manifesting itself through my photography. Probably.

I have two rolls of film sitting on my desk waiting to be developed, and I can't wait to see what's on them! That's one of the great things about film: I often wait a while to get film developed, and then it's a total surprise when I open the package and flip through my prints.

I'll definitely share more SOOC posts soon! xo, Mary

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I miss the surprise of film photography too. Everything is so instant glorification now. Good luck on your adorable ornament making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures!
    Love all your cute Ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos look great! It does seem really quiet there. I don't like to have people in my photos because always feel like they think I'm being a creeper. It's so much easier when humans aren't involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is kind of random, lol. I've been perusing the web for a really nice image of Shepherdstown, WV. I just came across your blog post from 2014. The photo at the top of your post is just what I was looking for. My husband would love a print for his office. Is there a way that we could acquire this photo for that purpose? Do you ever sell your photographs? You can reach me at smirkychick76 @ gmail.com (remove the spaces). Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete